This is one of my favourite dishes to cook for my girls to go with rice. A good staple in my repertoire...:-)
Potatoes, cut into half or three parts (depending on size) and slice
Soy sauce - light and dark
Salt and pepper
1. Marinate the minced pork with light soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Leave aside for 30 mins.
2. Heat the pan, add cooking oil.
3. When oil is heated, add the sliced potatoes and fry till golden brown.
4. When the potatoes are cooked, push to the side of the pan.
5. Add the sliced onions and fry till softened, then add the marinated minced pork.
6. Fry till the meat is browned.
7. Mix the potatoes, meat and onion together. Follow by adding light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and pepper.
8. Add some water and lower the flame.
9. Close the lid of the pan and allow to simmer until potatoes are softened.
10. When dish is nearly ready, throw in the peas.
11. Taste dish, and season if necessary.
12. Serve with rice.