Co-incidentally, Salt and Tumeric posted a recipe for Peanut Sauce with Rice Cake this week.
400gm Calrose rice or Medium Grain White Rice(I use Sunrice brand avail in Australia)
Water (to measure I use my finger, about an inch or 2.5 cm above the rice level)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 caster sugar
- Measure and place rice into the pot for the rice cooker.
- Wash the rice about three times and then add the right amount of water to cook.
- Stir in salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Place the pot into the rice cooker and turn on the cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, line a tray with cling wrap (Glad wrap), ensuring there is extra wrap to cover the top of the tray.
- Scoop the rice onto the lined tray and pat into shape.
- Cover the rice with the wrap. Leave aside to cool.
- When cool, cut the compressed rice into cubes.
- Serve with warm peanut sauce.