This recipe is from Delicious Magazine, October 2005 (slightly adapted).
1 cup (70gm) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs (I made this from toasted wholemeal bread)
500gm chicken breast or thigh, minced
1 egg, plus 1 extra lightly beaten egg
1 medium-size zucchini, finely grated
1 medium-size carrot, finely grated
3/4 cup corn, off the cob
1/2 onion, grated
1/4 cup chopped flat-leave parsley leaves
4 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line 2 baking trays with baking sheets.
- Process crumbs, chicken and unbeaten egg in a food processor until well combined.
- Place in a bowl, mix well with vegetables and herbs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a floured surface and halve. Spoon an eighth of the mixture lengthways along centre of each piece.
- Fold 1 edge of pastry over and tuck in beside filling, then fold over other side to make a roll, pressing down lightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filing.
- Cut rolls into 3cm pieces and use a fork to make small inserts into each rool to prevent splitting.
- Place on baking tray, cover and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until rolls are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with sweet chilli or tomato sauce on side.