185gm butter, softened
1/2 cup (110gm) caster sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (185gm) almond meal (ground almonds)
1/4 cup (35gm) plain flour
420gm pear halves in natural juice, drained
1/3 cup (80ml) passionfruit pulp (about 4 passionfruits)
1/3 cup (80ml) light corn syrup
1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to moderately slow (or for my oven about 90-110C).
- Grease a 22cm springform tin, line base and sides with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well each time until well combined.
- Stir in the almond meal and plain flour.
- Spread the mixture into prepared tin; top with pear halves, cut-side down.
- Bake cake in the oven for 50 minutes (for me: 40 mins). Stand cake in tin for 5 minutes before plating.
- Spoon the passionfruit glaze over cake while still warm.
Place all ingredients into a small saucepan over heat, without boiling until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat. Simmer uncovered without stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly, cool.