In winter we love to have soups to accompany our meals, good to warm the body.
1 piece of chicken breast fillet
4 cups of water
425gm can creamed corn
1 corn cob, remove kernels from cob
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
spring onions (scallions), sliced thinly for garnish
- Place chicken breast fillet and water into a medium saucepan or stockpot to make the chicken stock. Boil on low heat for about 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken meat from stock and leave to cool. Shred into pieces when cool.
- Add creamed corn and corn kernels to the soup, increase heat to medium.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When soup is boiling, slowly add the beaten egg, stirring as you go to create egg threads.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Serve hot.