1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten lightly
3-4 large bananas, mashed
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sultanas
icing sugar for dusting
- Line 18 holes of 2 x 12 muffin pans with double paper cases.
- Place the oil, yoghurt and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together to combine. Add eggs and bananas. Whisk well. Add combined sifted flour, bicarb soda and ground cinnamon. Stir until smooth. Stir in sultanas.
- Divide the mixture among the paper cases, about 2/3 cup filled.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180c) for about 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve muffins warm or cold, dusted with sifted icing sugar.