We made our 1st batch of Choc Chip Cookies for the Christmas season as gifts for Ash's teachers and friends. I love this recipe - it's easy to make and bake. I have used this recipe for over 20 years now since I found in the Australian Women's Weekly Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits.
This is a crunchy version of Choc Chip Cookies.
125gm (4oz) butter
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups self raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
125gm (4 oz) chocolate chips (I always add extra)
60gm (2 oz) chopped walnuts (optional, I usually leave it out because of nut-free policy at school)
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Mixed the sifted flour and salt (sometimes if the dough is a bit dry, I add 2 tablespoons of milk).
- Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls, place on baking trays lined with baking paper, allow room for spreading.
- Bake in moderate oven 10 to 12 minutes.