Continuing with the Thai theme from yesterday, I cooked a quick stir-fry of roast pork with green beans with the prik khing paste by Maesri for dinner tonight. Quick and easy meals are good esp when one is on holidays.
Prik Khing paste (used half the can)
Roast pork (bought from local Chinese BBQ shop), sliced to bite-size pieces.
Green beans - cut into 2-3cm lengths
Spanish onion - cut into thin wedges
Kaffir lime leaves - cut into thin stripes
Coriander for garnishing
- Heat about 1/2 tablespoon of oil in the pan or wok. Add the sliced roast pork and fry till brown or caramelised. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add about another 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the spanish onions, fry till slightly softened.
- Follow with the green beans and some water. Mix well together.
- Return the roast pork to the pan/wok together with the kaffir lime leaves.
- On high heat, quickly stir fry all the ingredients for another 2 minutes and then dish into a plate.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve with rice.