My two girls have different tastes. Caitlin loves sandwiches but Ashleigh does not like sandwiches. It makes it challenging to think of something that they will eat and also food that is not too fiddly. Today was spent baking blueberry muffins, cookies and zucchini slice for their lunchbox. They like the zucchini slice. I might try baking them in a muffin pan instead which will make it easier to pack.
2 zucchinis, coarsely grated
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup self raising flour
5 eggs, lightly beaten
ham or bacon - chopped
1/2 spanish onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Grate the zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add in the cheese, chopped onion and bacon or ham. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Then, add the flour and eggs and mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased square baking pan (8 in or 20 cm). Hint: You could also line the pan with parchment/baking paper, to saving greasing the pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until browned.
- For lunch, you can serve with a side salad.