3 Granny Smith apples, cubed
2 Pink Lady apples, cubed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 sheets filo pastry
100gm butter, melted (additional)
icing sugar, dusting
almond meal (optional)
- Place the butter in a saucepan, when melted, add in the cubed apples, cinnamon stick and brown sugar. Stir to coat the apples with the melted butter. Close the lid and cook till apples are soft. Leave aside to cool.
- Lay out the filo pastry, brush the 1st sheet with the melted butter and dust some icing sugar and almond meal. Place the 2nd sheet on top, brush with melted butter and dust with icing sugar. Do the same for 3rd and 4th sheet.
- Spoon the apple filling in a line down the middle of the pastry, fold inwards each of the opposite side to form a long parcel.
- Brush the top with butter and dust with a little caster sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or double/whipped cream.