300gm lean pork mince
200gm slightly pork mince
1 apple, grated
1/2 brown onion, diced
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg (to bind)
salt and pepper
1 egg yolk
puff pastry sheets
- Lightly toast the fennel seeds. Set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a small frypan, add the chopped onions. Fry till onions softened.
- Combine minced pork, grated apple, fennel seeds, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Cut the pastry sheet into half. Spoon the minced mixture in the middle of the cut pastry sheet and roll up.
- Cut each roll into approx 6 small pieces. Place the mini rolls on to the baking tray.
- Place the tray in the fridge for about 10 mins to chill the pastry (this results in a flakier puff pastry).
- Remove from the fridge and brush with egg yolk. (Optional: you can sprinkle sesame seeds on top).
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce.