200gm dark cooking chocolate, broken in pieces
100gm butter, cut into cubes
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup hazelnut meal (ground hazelnut)
2 tablespoons espresso coffee
- Pre-heat oven to 160C-180C temperature. Line a 8 inch square pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a medium sized saucepan on low heat. Stir the melted chocolate and butter to get a smooth, shiny texture. Set aside for 5 mins to cool.
- Add in the caster sugar, mix well. Follow with the 2 eggs, again stir the mixture properly to ensure eggs are well combined.
- Slowly sift in self raising flour and fold into the mixture.
- Add in the espresso coffee. After that, slowly fold in the hazelnut meal.
- Pour the ready mixture into the baking pan and put into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Test with a skewer or toothpick into the centre until it comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and slice, dusting with some icing sugar before serving.