3 rashes of bacon, diced
1 3/4 cup self raising flour
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 1/2 cups milk (I substitute with 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 cup buttermilk)
60gm butter, melted
1 1/2 corn, remove kernels from cob (125gm corn kernels)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
dash of cracked black pepper
pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to moderate heat about 160-180C.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with baking cups. Alternatively, you can grease the tray. I find it easier to use the paper cups to minimise washing.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add in the grated cheese, smoked paprika, bacon, corn kernels, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the milk, melted butter and beaten egg. Mix quickly and lightly together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Muffins can be freezed. Just reheat in microwave when ready to eat.