Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pineapple Jam Tarts - Nastar

Finally finished my Christmas baking today. I baked the fruit cake last weekend, a little bit dry but I will keep giving it a dose of brandy every day. It taste fine, just a tad dry.

My g/f, Joyce and her mum, Aunty Rosie, came over today and we baked some pineapple jam tarts. We wanted to try this recipe - Thanks Lilian Chan. It was our first attempt at making the nastar style of jam tarts. It was quite easy and taste great. Different to the ones my mom usually makes. The pastry has a melt-in-the-mouth texture.


5 comments:

  1. The nastar pineapple jam tarts remind me of the Chinese New Year visits I make to Penang, Malaysia. They look pretty when lined up in rows in yoru pictures, like items from Angus & Coote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to bake this type of pineapple jam tart during CNY too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done pineapple tarts! I love them. Could just finish the whole box when it comes to CNY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice..nice....am suppose to bake some of these too (the original nyonya ones with harder base) but forgot to buy flour on my way out today :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..you're really hardworking.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I think alot of ppl don't realise..while we can make it here..or buy it here.. it's just not the same as eating it there and then.

    Sniff..

    ReplyDelete