Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Roti Canai (Pratha) and Chicken Curry

 
A favourite Malaysian dish - roti canai (pratha) served with chicken curry. You can sometimes have the other varieties of curry e.g. fish, dhal, lamb (mutton) or beef. When I was young, I love to eat roti with sugar, and now my girls love to eat it this way too. They will also eat it if the curry is mild.

In Malaysia, we can eat this dish anytime - for breakfast, snack or supper. In Sydney, it is quite pricey to eat a serve of roti canai with chicken curry at a Malaysian restaurant. The roti I cooked is the 'Kawan' brand of frozen roti canai that is widely available from the asian grocery stores in my area. I followed this recipe from Gertrude to make 'roti telur'.

4 comments:

  1. wow...kawan brand also available all over the world? its our favourite here too! am gonna try out your rolled roti telur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine, the roti look so yummy, especially the way they have been folded and presented on the plate. When I was in Penang Island recently, I noticed that they were always served flat, not vrey imaginative perhaps. Yje curry served with them was more often just gravy and no other stuff. Nothing like this to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm and so nicely presented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Gertrude to thank for giving me ideas on how to make the roti telur and present it this way.

    ReplyDelete