Whilst we were there, Georgie passed me a simple recipe to make a Beef and Vegetable Pie, that Yasmine and James love.
500gm mince beef
1 packet Continental Spring Vegetable Soup
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup diced mixed vegetables
2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
salt and cracked black pepper
- Combine the meat, soup mix, breadcrumbs and vegetables together.
- Cut pastry sheet into 4 squares. Scoop some mince mix onto one of the pastry squares.
- Wet the edge of the pastry square. Place another pastry square on top and roll the edges inwards to seal.
- Make a small hole on the top to allow the steam to be released.
- Place the pie on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place it into the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200C (for my oven 180C).
- Remove the pies from the fridge and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 200C (180C) for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.