250gm (2 cups) plain flour, sifted
1 tablespoon caster sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
100gm (3 1/2 oz) cold unsalted butter, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125ml (1/2 cup) cream
85gm (1/2 cup) blueberries, tossed in a little flour
1 egg, mixed with 1 tbsp milk for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C for fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until well combined. Add in the butter and pulse until it is roughly combined. You may find some lumps of butter.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add in the beaten eggs and cream and mix together using a knife.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with your hands.
- Turn out the dough on to a floured surface and knead with fingers. Form a round shape and place onto the lined baking tray. Cut the circle into quarters and half these quarters. Glaze with the beaten egg mix and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter or whipped cream.