chicken thigh fillets, flattened and tenderised
panko breadcrumbs (from Asian/Japanese grocery stores)
plain flour for dusting
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
oil for frying
1 cube Japanese curry paste (I only used half for this recipe)
1 onion, sliced
- Flatten and tenderise the chicken thigh with a mallet. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Dust them with flour and leave aside.
- Heat oil in the fry-pan. There should be sufficient oil to cover the chicken. Slip the chicken into the fry-pan and fry one side till golden brown before flipping to the other side.
- When meat is cooked, removed from heat and placed in a paper towel lined plate or wire rack to cool.
- To cook the curry, fry the onions till softened in a pan with some oil. Add the carrots and potatoes. Add a little amount of water and close the lid to cook the vegetables until soft
- Lastly, add the Japanese curry cube and some water, and cook till the cube has dissolved.
- Serve separately from the crumbed chicken or in one bowl with rice, crumbed chicken and Japanese curry over the top.
- Dip into the beaten egg and coat with the panko breadcrumbs. Fry till golden brown in