Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Home-Cooked Meals

A couple of months ago, I posted that I've not been cooking much at home since I started part-time work. Now, with the global financial crisis and being more careful with our spending, we've been cooking more at home especially on weekends. Last Sunday, I made a simple meal - soup, vegetables, fish and pork - served with rice.

Corn, Carrot, Red dates and Goji berries soup

Stir-fry baby bok choy with garlic

Pan-fried pork steaks marinated in soy sauce, honey and sesame oil

Pan-fried fresh whiting (caught by hubby that weekend)
The weather has changed to become unseasonably cold lately, we had the coldest day in 56 years yesterday. Since it was cold and I was home alone, I cooked some plain rice porridge (congee) and ate it with fried salted radish omelette - my simple comfort food.

Fried Egg Omelette with Salted Radish

No comments:

Post a Comment