Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hutong Dumpling Bar, Market Lane Melbourne

Again, this is a post about something that happened during my Melbourne trip.

This is not a food-related post. Rather, it is a post to vent at the poor customer service I received from the guy standing at the entrance at Hutong Dumpling Bar. I have heard so much and read about this famous eatery in Melbourne that serves Shanghai Xiao Long Bao. On our 1st night in Melbourne, we decided to try this place for dinner since it was around the corner from our hotel. We arrived at 6pm and the place was full, according to the guy at the door. I could not even step foot into the place. As soon as I opened the door, he literally pushed me out and said they were full. And that was that!

The next day, I decided that I would make a reservation for lunch on Monday. The same guy answered the phone. I enquired about making a reservation and again he told me he was full on Monday. He did not even ask me when I wanted to make reservations etc... He just slammed the phone! How rude was that! I decided, that I am not going to this place as a matter of principle. Seriously, I know they are famous and popular but that does not justify POOR customer service!

Hutong Dumpling Bar
14-16 Market Ln
Melbourne, 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment