Chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
1 leek, thinly slice the white part only
1 carrot, cut into half and sliced
fresh button mushrooms, cut into quarters
corn flour, mixed with water for thickening
salt, sugar and pepper
1 egg, beaten for brushing pie tops
- Heat a medium size pan, add about 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the sliced leek and fry till brown.
- Add in the sliced carrots and fry for about 5 minutes, then add the chicken to brown.
- When chicken is brown, add in the mushrooms and chicken stock. Season with salt, sugar and pepper.
- Close pan with lid and lower heat to simmer. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the corn flour mixture to thicken. When the mixture thickens, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease the pie tins.
- Cut the shortcrust pastry to size and line the pie tin. Prick the pastry with a fork and blind bake for 10 mins.
- Place the chicken mixture on the pie and seal with another piece of pastry, that has been cut to size.
- Prick a hole in the centre and brush the top of the pie with egg-wash.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.