Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Chicken Schnitzel

I made Chicken Schnitzel for dinner tonight as requested by my eldest daughter. I also cooked some mashed potatoes, steamed green bean and carrots plus a wholemeal breadroll. My eldest girl, prefers Western style meals.

Ingredients
Chicken thigh fillets - flattened
Breadcrumbs - using stale bread whiz in food processor
Parsley
Lemon rind, grated
Salt and pepper
Egg wash
Plain flour, to dust the meat

Method
1. Flattened the chicken thigh fillets with mallet.
2. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Place stale bread in the food processor and process till like crumbs. Add in the parsley and grated lemon rind. Process together till well-mixed.
4. Dust the meat with plain flour. Dip into the egg wash. Coat the meat with breadcrumbs.
5. Shallow fry the schnitzel till golden brown.
6. Serve with vegetables and mash. (You might want to make gravy for the mash. I just used the instant powder).

2 comments:

  1. oh boy...you are making me really hungry now. hahahaha. I love chicken schnitzel :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken looks great. Now I know where to come for a great schnitzel!

    ReplyDelete