I made Chicken Schnitzel for dinner tonight as requested by my eldest daughter. I also cooked some mashed potatoes, steamed green bean and carrots plus a wholemeal breadroll. My eldest girl, prefers Western style meals.
Chicken thigh fillets - flattened
Breadcrumbs - using stale bread whiz in food processor
Lemon rind, grated
Salt and pepper
Plain flour, to dust the meat
1. Flattened the chicken thigh fillets with mallet.
2. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Place stale bread in the food processor and process till like crumbs. Add in the parsley and grated lemon rind. Process together till well-mixed.
4. Dust the meat with plain flour. Dip into the egg wash. Coat the meat with breadcrumbs.
5. Shallow fry the schnitzel till golden brown.
6. Serve with vegetables and mash. (You might want to make gravy for the mash. I just used the instant powder).