This was one of the desserts that I made for Christmas this year. It was easier to make smaller size pavlovas instead of the larger size. It also looked pretty to serve them individually. I used mangoes because summer in Sydney means mangoes.
4 egg whites
250gm caster sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp corn flour
1. Heat the oven to 90-120 degrees.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks. Place egg whites into a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites together with sugar until peaks form.
4. Fold in corn flour and vinegar.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. To get the round shape, draw circles (about 4cm) size on the paper.
7. Place the mixture in the circle, slowly shape to form a round.
8. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 35 mins.
9. When cooked, turn off heat, open the oven door and leave the tray in the oven to cool.
10. To serve, whip some fresh cream.
11. Dollop the cream on the meringue/pavlova, garnish with mangoes, mixed berries and drizzle with passionfruit.