125gm butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs (at room temperature), lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 punnets of blueberries
chopped walnuts (optional)
Note: I left the walnuts out because A's school has a nut-free policy.
- Heat the oven to 160C degrees (120C degrees for my oven). Line a 12 muffin tray with baking paper cups.
- Cream butter and sugar together till white and fluffy.
- Add in lightly beaten eggs and vanilla essence. The mixture might look like curdled eggs but it's fine.
- Fold in the sifted plain flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with the milk.
- Mix in the blueberries and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven. Test with a skewer to see if it is cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool.