Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Fish n Chips and Beef n Vegie Soup

My husband cooked Fish and Chips for dinner last night. He bought some flathead fillets from the Sydney Fish Market the previous weekend. Flathead fillets are one of my favourite fishes to eat. The flesh is thick, white meat and sweet. This fish is only available during summer here in Sydney. The fish is ugly to look at, but taste great. Chris used beer to make the batter. I'll have to ask him for the recipe. I have to say his version of fish and chips taste so much better than the ones you buy.


Ingredients:
Rump steak - cubed
Carrot
Celery
Tomato
Ginger - small knob, sliced

  1. Place all the above ingredients into a stockpot of water.
  2. Leave on high heat until soup is boiling.
  3. Lower the heat and simmer for a couple of hours.
  4. Add salt to taste.
  5. Serve hot.
I made some Beef and Vegie soup to go with the Fish n Chips. Winter is coming, and I wanted the children to have extra protection against the flu and colds that inevitably arrive with the colder temperature.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty blog u have!!So nice that ur hubby cooks too. the fish n chips look good. hope u get the recipe frm him soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, 1st time come to your house, but I can't read the message in your post, very very light color, not sure is this my notebook problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had trouble reading my blog. I have made some changes. Hopefully it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya now is very clear, will be back for more of your exploration!

    ReplyDelete