Cherry tomatoes - about 8-10 (depending on size)
Zucchini, small, coarsely grated
Spanish onion, 1/4 (diced)
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Mozarella cheese, grated
Oregano leaves (I use a small sprig from our herb garden)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper, allow extra to overhang for easy removal of the slice.
- Place cherry tomatoes in the loaf pan, sprinkle some salt and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Lightly fry the diced onions until transparent. Leave aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, and then combine the cheeses. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Add in the onions and oregano leaves.
- When tomatoes are ready, remove from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 120-140C degrees.
- Sprinkle the zucchini over the tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes and zucchini.
- Return the loaf pan into the oven for 30 minutes or until set. Lift the slice out of the pan and cool.
- Refrigerate when cool, slice for lunch box the next day.
- You can also serve with salad on the side for a light lunch.