250gm unsalted butter
180gm good-quality dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour, sifted
180gm macadamia nuts, roasted and cut into chunks
100gm dark choc buttons
- Line a 23cm square tin with foil, an extra wide foil is best. Line the base with baking paper. Lightly grease the foil.
- Place butter and dark chocolate into a saucepan, on low heat. Stir occassionally until butter almost melted. Remove from heat and cool for 8 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Add the vanilla extract.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour, nuts and dark choc buttons. Be careful not to over-stir.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven (120-140 C degrees) for 45 minutes.