Chicken breast fillets - cut into bite sizes
Chinese sausage (lap cheong), sliced
Shitake mushrooms (I used the dried version, so pre-soaked)
Ginger, extra - diced
- Marinade the chicken, chinese sausage, mushrooms and ginger with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, a pinch of salt, pepper and sesame oil. Leave aside for 1 hour or longer.
- Measure about 2 cups of rice, and wash the usual way. Measure the correct amount of water, and pour out the water into a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Saute the diced garlic and ginger in some oil in medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken, chinese sausage, mushrooms and ginger. Fry till the chicken and chinese sausage start to caramelize around the edges.
- Add the rice, without the water. Mix well with meats and mushroom till fragrant.
- Add in the water (that was set aside earlier). Season to taste. Reduce the heat.
- When mixture comes to a boil, scoop it out into the rice cooker pot.
- Cook the usual way in the rice cooker.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and garnish with coriander.