2 1/4 cups (335gm) self-raising flour
1 cup (220gm) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten lightly
100gm butter, melted
1 cup (250ml) milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (we left this out)
200gm fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to moderate hot.
- Line muffin tray with baking cups.
- Sift flour into large bowl, add sugar, vanilla extract, beaten egg, melted butter and milk. Stir through gently, then add the berries.
- Divide the muffin mixture amongst the prepared cups.
- Bake the muffins in the moderately hot oven for 30-35 minutes. Stand muffins in pan for few minutes before turning them onto a wire rack.