I modified the recipe slightly to suit our tastes.
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
3 Fuji apples, peeled and cubed
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
3/4 cup brown sugar
50gm butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 120C.
- Place apples, cloves, water, cinnamon stick and brown sugar into a saucepan. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Place the butter, sugar and flour into a mixing bowl. Using finger tips, rub the butter into the sugar and flour until resemble breadcrumbs.
- Place crumbs into the freezer until apples are cooked.
- Place the cooked apples into a baking dish and sprinkle crumbs evenly over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or dollop of double cream or custard.