1 cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
jam (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the cookie baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into bowl of electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Stir through the flour and baking powder to make a dough (which is soft).
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on lined tray and flatten slightly, allowing space in between for the dough to spread.
- Press a finger into the middle of the dough to make an indent. Fill the hole with jam.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add a little more jam to the holes while the biscuits are hot.
- Cool on wire rack.