500gm lean minced beef
1/2 onion, chopped
handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 carrot, grated
1 small zucchini, grated
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place the mince, chopped onion and parsley, grated zucchini and carrot into a medium size bowl. Add the tomato sauce, pepper and salt, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Using your clean hands, mix until well combined.
- Scope the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch, remove from oven. Drain excess fat.
- Spoon the BBQ sauce over the top of the meatloaf. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the top is glazed. Stand on tray for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with beans and mashed potatoes or any vegetables.
Foonote: Adding the vegies makes the meatloaf moist and juicy. Another option is to top the meatloaf (from step 5) with mashed potato and cheese, then back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is brown.