Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Simple and Delicious Chocolate Cake (recipe by Celia from Fig Jam & Lime Cordial)

A few weeks ago, Celia who owns the blog Fig Jam and Lime Cordial published a recipe for "A Really Good Chocolate Cake". I read the recipe and it looked simple. Anything that does not require the Kitchenaid mixer is simple to me.

I had all the ingredients except for unsweetened natural cocoa. I only had Nestle's Plaistowe Dutch Processed Cocoa in the pantry, but decided to give it a go.

The cake is simple delicious and light. I made the chocolate icing in the microwave, first time ever as I usually follow the method in Celia's recipe placing a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.

Everyone loved the cake. It's great for morning or afternoon teas or anytime at all really. Who can say no to chocolate cake?

P.S. I forgot to take a photo of the whole cake, this was all that's left.


No comments:

Post a Comment