250gm unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (220gm0 caster (superfine) sugar
2 cups (100gm) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 160oC (110oC for my oven).
- Place the butter, vanilla extract and sugar in the mixing bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well to combine.
- Add the milk and mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 22cm (9in) round cake tin, lined with baking powder.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes and turn out on a wire rack to cool.
• 90 small cup cakes and bake for 13 minutes.
• 24 medium cup cakes, baked for 15-18 minutes.
(source: Donna Hay Kids Issue 2007)